by Joshua Leavitt
Starting the New Year right, WITI Las Vegas hosted an event titled the 2017 Leadership Imperative: Cultivating a Culture of Innovation at the stunning NanoLumens showroom.
Taking advantage of the CES convention in town, WITI Las Vegas was able to gather a panel of the top innovators, leaders, role models, successful entrepreneurs, and community advocates to share their stories of success and their ability to overcome challenges.
The Moderator was Amanda Coolong and The Panelists Include:
- Elizabeth Dougherty - Director of Inventor Education, Outreach, and Recognition in the Office of Innovation Development at the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Michele Lynn-Moore Myauo, Ph.D. - Director of Cybersecurity for the Microsoft Global Cybersecurity Practice
- Karen Robinson - Executive Vice President for NanoLumens, Inc.
- Michael Sherwood - Director of Technology and Innovation for the City of Las Vegas
- Kathy Weidman - SVP and General Manager of Metadata for TiVo
With the WITI moto - Build, Empower, Inspire - vibrantly illuminating the background, Amanda Coolong brilliantly kept the audience engaged and the panelist talkative.
They discussed the importance of goals and objectives, innovation, learning from failures, recognizing trends, identify the consumer's expectations, and trust. Kathy Weidman said it best when she warned, "If you don't innovate, then somebody will innovate for you."
The night began and ended with fresh shrimp, hors-d'oeuvres, and an open bar as attendees rekindled and created new networks and opportunities.
Thank you to all the attendees and panelists. We hope you enjoy CES and the wonders of Las Vegas.
You can watch a video of the event on WITI's Facebook page