For Immediate Release
WITI Announces Annual Women Powering Technology Summit Schedule
Paula Gould, PEG PR for WITI
323.570.0734 / email@example.com
October 2-4, 2011 at the DoubleTree by Hilton® Hotel in San Jose, California
WITI Summit to Feature Keynote Presentations from Google's Marissa Mayer, Applied Materials' Mary Humiston and Xerox's Sophie Vandebroek, Ph.D.
SAN JOSE, CA - (PRWeb) September 7, 2011 -- WITI (Women in Technology International), the leading global trade association for professional, tech-savvy women, returns to Silicon Valley October 2-4, 2011, for the Annual Women Powering Technology Summit at the DoubleTree by Hilton® Hotel in San Jose, California. The 3-day Summit will feature keynote presentations from Marissa Mayer, Vice President, Google; Mary Humiston, Senior Vice President, Global Human Resources, Applied Materials, Inc.; and Sophie Vandebroek, Ph.D., CTO and President, Xerox Innovation Group, Xerox Corporation.
The Women Powering Technology Summit will showcase some of the most influential and revered women leaders in technology, representing a cross section of industries, during the jam-packed schedule of events. In addition to the keynote presentations, WITI will host special speaking engagements, panel discussions and Executive Roundtables with leading executives from Adobe, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Applied Materials, BMC Software, Carnegie Mellon University- Silicon Valley, Cisco, The Coca-Cola Company, eBay, EMC, Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty, LLP; Hewlett- Packard, IBM, Intel, PayPal, Qualcomm, Thomson Reuters, and many others.
WITI is honored to present special engagements with Alicia Abella, Ph.D., Executive Director, Innovative Services Research, AT&T Labs; Sandy Carter, VP, Software Business Partners, IBM, and author of "Get Bold!;" LeAnn Erickson, Director, "Top Secret Rosies"; Cindy Gallop, CEO, IfWeRanTheWorld; Jocelyn Goldfein, Director of Engineering, Facebook; Sharon Kan Co-founder and General Manager,Tikatok.com, Barnes & Noble; Diane Pozefsky, Ph.D., Research Professor, Department of Computer Science, UNC; Julie Schoenfeld, CEO PerfectMarket; Lauren States, Vice President CTO Cloud Computing and Growth Initiatives, IBM Corporate Strategy; Lynda Weinman, co-founder and executive chair of lynda.com, Kathrin Winkler, Chief Sustainability Officer, EMC.
"WITI's Annual Women Powering Technology Summit showcases leading women who are influencing the direction of technology and business. Attending companies, CIOs, executive women and other leaders in technology converge to collaborate on solutions to technology and business challenges and advance their understanding of emerging platforms and best business practices. WITI leaders are committed to transforming the way companies think about hiring and advancing women," says Carolyn Leighton, Founder/Chairwoman of WITI.
WITI Women Powering Technology Summit Highlights:
WITI Women Powering Technology Summit Speakers and Panelists:
- Keynote presentations, panel discussions and new WITIStyle Storytelling talks
Keynote presentations from Marissa Mayer, Vice President, Google; Mary Humiston, Senior Vice President, Global Human Resources, Applied Materials, and Sophie Vandebroek, Ph.D., CTO and President, Xerox Innovation Group, Xerox. Speaking engagements and panel discussions will feature executives from Adobe, AMD, Applied Materials, BMC Software, Carnegie Mellon University- SV, Cisco, The Coca-Cola Company, eBay, EMC, Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty, LLP; HP, IBM, Illuminate Ventures, Intel, Lynda.com, Meebo, PayPal, Pencil You In, Qualcomm, Thomson Reuters, and many others. Topics will include discussions on Social and Mobile enterprise, Location-based services and technologies, Cloud computing and Sustainability, Start-Up Success and Global Expansion, Career and Personal Development, Mutual Mentoring and the great need for inspiring interest in careers in science and technology among young women.
- Founder's Reception
The first evening event on the Opening Night of the Women Powering Technology Summit, October 2, features welcoming words from WITI Founder Carolyn Leighton and offers an intimate, networking environment for attendees to meet Summit speakers, VIP guests and attendees.
- Top Secret Rosies
Documentary film screening and Interactive Discussion with Director LeAnn Erickson will launch the WITI Summit on Sunday October 2, 2011. Top Secret Rosies tells the story of a group of female mathematicians who, in 1942, helped win a war and usher in the modern computer age.
- WITI Founder's Reception
The first evening event on the Opening Night of the Women Powering Technology Summit, October 2, features welcoming words from WITI Founder Carolyn Leighton and offers a business-casual networking environment popular with WITI Summit attendees.
- The 16th Annual WITI Hall of Fame Awards
Honoring key women innovators from science and technology on Monday, October 3rd. This year's honorees are: Alicia Abella, Ph.D.; Ms. Evelyn Berezin; Diane Pozefsky, Ph.D.; Sophie Vandebroek, Ph.D.; and Ms. Lynda Weinman.
- The World Cafe
Led by Anne Adams, Ph.D., the 2011 World Cafe will engage participants in roundtable Creative Exchange discussions, forming Mastermind teams to strategize best solutions for solving complex business challenges and hot button issues.
- WITI NextGen
This young women's micro conference on Monday, October 3rd, is designed to encourage young women and girls to consider careers in Science and Technology. Leading women in Technology will teach, mentor and share with students through speaking engagements, mentoring panels, workshops and round table discussions highlighting how these women of note chose their path while reinforcing the importance of demonstrated leadership. The day will feature an opportunity to have lunch with distinguished members of the WITI Board of Advisors and Directors as well as WITI Hall of Fame Honorees.
- WITI Executive Roundtables
This event, on October 4, will launch a series of WITI-hosted Executive Roundtables designed to create dialog between industry executives to gain a better understanding of the steps required to facilitate more women accepting Board Room and Executive level leadership positions.
- The Women in Technology Foundation Executive Auction and VIP Reception
Provides an opportunity to network with top executives from a broad cross section of industries, who will be offering one to one meetings to the highest bidder. A fun event and exciting culmination of 3 days of life changing experiences at the WITI Women Powering Technology Summit! The Executive Auction is the WITI Foundation's annual fundraiser and closes the Annual WITI Summit on the evening of October 4, 2011. Participating executives include: Alan Boehme, Director, Enterprise Architecture, The Coca-Cola Company; Tim Campos, CIO, Facebook; Laura Chambers, Senior Director, Paypal Mobile, PayPal; Elinor MacKinnon, SVP & CIO, Blue Shield; Brad Peterson, CIO, Charles Schwab; Tama Ruiz VP Information Systems, GEICO; Randall Spratt, EVP/CIO, McKesson Corp; Ed Steinike, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, The Coca-Cola Company; Hugh Westermeyer, SVP Technology, Charles Schwab
- Alicia Abella, Ph.D., Executive Director, Innovative Services Research, AT&T Labs
- Anne Adams, Ph.D., President, ACS
- Tiffani Bell, Founder, Pencil You In
- Dr. Cheemin Bo-Linn, Chief Executive Officer, Peritus Partners
- Sandy Carter, VP, Software Business Partners, IBM and author of "Get Bold!"
- Laura Chambers, Senior Director, PayPal Mobile, PayPal
- Angie Chang, Co-Founder & Editor-in-Chief, Women 2.0
- Amanda Coolong, Co-Founder TechZulu (WITI Summit MC)
- Sheigh Crabtree, VP Audience Development, PerfectMarket
- Kathy Curtis, Senior Manager of Global Relocation, Cisco
- Deborah B. Davy, Senior Counsel, Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty, LLP
- Mona DeFrawi, Founder & CEO, Equidity, Inc.
- LeAnn Erickson, Director, "Top Secret Rosies"
- Cindy Gallop, CEO, IfWeRanTheWorld
- Karen Garcia, IS&T Chief of Staff, BMC Software, Inc.
- Jocelyn Goldfein, Director of Engineering, Facebook
- Nicole Graebner, Senior Account Manager, Key Information Systems
- Sharon Kan Co-founder and General Manager, Tikatok.com, Barnes & Noble
- Mary Humiston, Senior VP, Global Human Resources, Applied Materials, Inc.
- Sandy Jen, Co-Founder, Meebo
- Margie Jones, U.S. Immigration Manager, Intel Corporation
- Martha Lyons, Strategist & Senior Program Manager, HP Enterprise Services
- Marissa Mayer, Vice President, Google
- Cheree McAlpine, General Counsel, Wyse Technology
- Dina McKinney, Corporate Vice President, Bulldozer Cores Technology Group, AMD
- Miriam McLemore, CIO, Market Facing Functions, The Coca-Cola Company
- Joanne Moretti, VP Sales Excellence Global, Sales & Enterprise Marketing, HP
- Donna Morris, SVP of Human Resources, Adobe Systems Incorporated
- Jolie O'Dell, Tech journalist (WITI Hall of Fame MC)
- Adrian Ott, Author, CEO & Founder, Exponential Edge, Inc.
- Cindy Padnos, Founder & Managing Partner, Illuminate Ventures
- Ana Gabriela Pinczuk, Vice President, Cisco Systems
- Diane Pozefsky, Ph.D., Research Professor, Department of Computer Science, UNC
- Sheryl Root, President, CEO RootAnalysis; Assoc. Professor CMU-SV, Stanford
- Steven Rosenberg, Associate Director, Silicon Valley Campus
- Scott Russell, Adjunct Professor; Managing Director, eCarnegie Tech
- Julie Schoenfeld, CEO, PerfectMarket
- Minal Shah, Senior Counsel, Immigration Practice, Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty, LLP
- Lauren States, VP & CTO Cloud Computing and Growth Initiatives, IBM
- Joey Tamer, Consultant, Expert, JoeyTamer.com
- Sophie Vandebroek, Ph.D., CTO and President, Xerox Innovation Group, Xerox
- Lynda Weinman, co-founder and executive chair of lynda.com
- Kathrin Winkler, Chief Sustainability Officer, EMC
Special group and non-profit rates are available to interested organizations.
To learn more about WITI and the Women Powering Technology Summit, please visit: http://www.witi.com/center/conferences/2011/summit/
WITI is the world's leading trade association for professional, tech-savvy women committed to using technology, resources and connections to advance women worldwide. With a global network of smart, talented women and a market reach exceeding 2 million, WITI has established powerful strategic alliances and programs to provide resources, and opportunities within a supportive environment of women committed to helping each other. WITI's mission is to empower women worldwide to achieve unimagined possibilities and transformations through technology, leadership and economic prosperity. For more information please visit: http://www.witi.com
Special Thanks to Sponsoring and Supporting Companies:
WITI Hall of Fame Platinum Sponsors
Avnet, IBM, Thomson Reuters
WITI Summit Sponsor - Elite
Applied Materials - 1st Day Lunch Keynote
WITI Taste of Technology Sponsor
WITI Executive Auction Sponsor
Supporting Patron Sponsors
Adobe, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Electronic Arts (EA), FICO, eBay PayPal
Exhibitors# # #
Applied Materials, Inc. BMC Software, CA Technologies, The Coca-Cola Company, CV Jewelry Designs, eBay/PayPal, EMC, Express Scripts, GEICO, Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty, LLP; IBM, IRS, Luna Bar, Microsoft, Qualcomm, Safeway, Technisource, Texas Instruments, USAA